Install Polished Concrete Flooring for Understated Elegance
Good looking, durable and low-maintenance; the understated elegance of polished concrete flooring continues to delight lovers of open-plan living and clean, bright surfaces. As an ideal partner to underfloor heating, it’s both luxurious and more sustainable than many other flooring finishes. If you’re thinking about installing it in your home, take a look at our 5 concrete flooring ideas, designed to inspire you.
DirectStone has been installing and hand-finishing residential concrete flooring for more than a decade. We love working with concrete because every floor is unique and, as a flooring material, it’s endlessly versatile. It can be shaped to fit any room, or any bespoke design – and the textures, colours and finishes provide endless potential to extend the aesthetic of your home.
The Benefits of Polished Concrete
Choose any of our 5 concrete flooring ideas and you’ll enjoy a stylistic innovation in your home, and a range of other benefits too:
- Durability. Concrete is an industrial material that’s made to last. Once installed it will last for decades, requiring minimal repairs or maintenance.
- Sustainability. Many of the polished concrete floors we install are retrofitted using existing concrete slabs, making the process sustainable and carbon neutral.
- Low Maintenance. The signature gloss of polished concrete looks ‘high maintenance’ but is, in fact, its opposite. All that’s required is regular sweeping and mopping.
- Perfect for Underfloor Heating. The density of concrete makes it an excellent conductor of heat, and a great partner for UFH.
- VOC Free. Many flooring materials contain Volatile Organic Compounds that can exacerbate allergies and cause a range of health issues. Polished concrete is VOC free.
5 Innovative Concrete Flooring Ideas
Polished concrete flooring looks stylish wherever it’s installed and, as our concrete flooring ideas show, it’s really easy to turn its seamless, architectural elegance into a style that complements both your interior design and way of life.
1. Natural Imperfection
The Japanese wabi sabi approach to interior design places emphasis upon our connection to the earth and the natural materials that emerge from it. It’s a design philosophy that celebrates the unique and the imperfect as an integral sign of authenticity.
We’re a family business that’s passionate about polished concrete flooring. That’s why the DirectStone team is made up of flooring specialists who bring their experience and skills to each of our residential concrete polished floors. We provide polished concrete for residential extensions, new builds, and properties of all ages.
DirectStone works throughout the UK mainly in London, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Would you like to speak to talk through your concrete flooring ideas with one of our flooring specialists? Call us today on 01525 20863920