Concrete Kitchen Floors
Kitchen flooring trends have favoured stone, vinyl and wood finishes over the years. For a 21st century on-trend kitchen floor, though, polished concrete is the premium choice. The minimalist elegance of polished concrete is the brainchild of interior designers. They have created a new incarnation for industrial concrete, by celebrating its unique patterning and texture, revealed in the polishing process.
At DirectStone our flooring specialists create beautiful polished concrete for every room in the house. But kitchen installations are particularly popular. Many of our customers choose concrete kitchen floors because of their blend of practicality and glamour. They’re perfect for a kitchen which is both the heart of the house, and the site of meals with friends.
Why Do People Choose Concrete Kitchen Floors?
Of course every home has its own unique reasons for choosing a polished concrete kitchen floor. But there are 5 advantages that come with installing polished concrete flooring that our customers particularly appreciate:
- Sustainability. Often the concrete slab already exists and, as no extra materials are added, it’s a flooring choice with zero carbon consequences.
- Design Options.There is a huge variety of different ways that your concrete floor can be finished, including staining, high gloss/matte polishes, and colours.
- A Concrete Floor Lasts. Unlike other flooring finishes, concrete kitchen floors are extremely durable and will stay looking good for decades.
- A Great UFH Option. Concrete is an ideal conductor of heat, which makes polished concrete flooring a perfect partner for underfloor heating in your kitchen.
- Low Maintenance. Once your polished concrete kitchen floor is installed is requires only regular sweeping and mopping to keep it looking good as new.
Concrete Kitchen Floors Design Ideas
Thinking of installing a concrete kitchen floor as part of a complete kitchen makeover? Or freshening up your existing kitchen design? Either way, there’s now a magnificent range of design options to choose from.
Polished concrete flooring utilises specialist grinding and polishing machines to produce a range of finishes from a low-lustre matte, to a high-gloss kitchen floor that will wow your dinner guests. Staining or colouring the concrete allows you to match your flooring to your kitchen décor. Or embedding concrete with materials such as glass or crystals, gives your flooring a fascinating texture and reflective sheen.
Can Any Concrete Be Polished?
Our flooring specialists always assess existing concrete flooring before starting the polishing process. In the majority of cases we’re able to create beautiful polished concrete kitchen floors from the original slabs. Where there’s damage or defects, we’ll offer clear guidance on the range of possible finishes we can achieve. In the minority of cases where a slab cannot be polished, a concrete overlay can provide a cost-effective solution to the problem.
DirectStone is a family-run business with a passion for creating beautiful concrete kitchen floors. We provide residential polished kitchen flooring, and commercial concrete floors for hotels, airports, offices and showrooms. We work throughout the UK mainly in London, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
If you are interested in polished concrete kitchen flooring and have any questions, or would like a project priced please call us today on 01525 20863920