Concrete Polished Flooring for Hotels and Hospitality
Hotels and hospitality are all about offering their guests freedom from everyday life and its concerns. Which is why the towels are ultra-large and fluffy, the beds are large and comfy, and the décor is luxurious. What about the flooring, though? Plush carpets are no longer the solution, but what’s taken their place?
At DirectStone we’re seeing a growing trend for concrete polishing in hotels. It offers a practical, and an aesthetic solution for reception areas, restaurant dining, kitchens, and guest rooms. Our flooring specialists provide a range of concrete flooring solutions from polishing concrete to repairs and refurbishment, to concrete overlays for damaged floors.
Polished Concrete Renovations for Hotels
Many hotel owners have to deal with the legacy of worn carpets, or tired tiling. They tell us that they’re looking for a long-term flooring solution that retains its appearance for a decade or more and won’t fall into disrepair or start looking old-fashioned any time soon. Most important, they want flooring that requires minimal maintenance to look clean, fresh, and luxurious to guests.
Concrete polished flooring is an obvious fit. Hotels are tough on flooring with hundreds of guests coming and going, all replete with luggage. A reception or restaurant area needs flooring that provides a sensational ‘first impression’, is durable, and doesn’t end up looking scuffed and worn at the end of the summer season.
The Benefits of Concrete Polishing for Hotels
Polished concrete flooring is naturally and uniquely beautiful, and if offers the same visual expansiveness as marble. A concrete floor is seamless, offering nowhere for dirt to collect, or for luggage wheels to snag on. It also contributes to a healthy environment; concrete doesn’t accumulate dust or provide a natural home to mould or mildew. It’s a perfect solution for people who suffer from allergies.
The impressive list of benefits includes:
- Contemporary Look. The clean lines and natural patterning of concrete flooring is a 21st century trend which celebrates minimalist interiors.
- Light Maintenance. To retain the ‘just polished’ look of concrete flooring, all you need is regular sweeping and mopping using light detergent.
- Enhances Natural Light. Your beautiful concrete flooring finish won’t fade in the sun. In fact, it reflects natural light, and so intensifies the airiness of your interiors.
- Durability. Polished floors last a lifetime. The sealant used to protect the surface will need replacing every 3-5 years, but it is a quick and simple process.
- Design Options. Your polished concrete floor can look how you want it. We can add colour, pigments, and a range of aggregate sizes. The types of finish available include high-gloss, satin sheen, and matte, dependent of the style of your interior.
Working With DirectStone
Located in rural Bedfordshire, DirectStone is a family business with a passion for concrete flooring. We’re a team of flooring specialists who install, repair, and restore polished concrete flooring in homes, commercial environments, hospitality and education. If you would like a free no obligation quote for a polished concrete floor, simply message us and we’ll respond promptly.
We work with hotel and hospitality clients throughout the UK mainly in London, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, and Suffolk.
If you would like to talk to us about polished concrete flooring for a hotel, or you would like us to provide a no obligation quote, call DirectStone today on 01525 20863920