Polished Concrete Floors for Car Showrooms
A new car is a large investment; it’s probably one of the most expensive things you’ll ever buy. Just imagine if you walked into a car showroom and the flooring was cracked, rough concrete? You’d be straight out of there, wouldn’t you? Because the quality of the flooring in car showrooms reflects on the quality of the vehicles it supports.
Which is why the perfect choice is polished concrete floors for car showrooms. DirectStone recently installed polished concrete flooring for a new car showroom in Bristol. Our floor specialists combined the use of HTC Superfloor™ machines, and the BECOSAN® trowel polish system to create a strong surface paste with a stylish shiny finish.
The Benefits of Polished Concrete for Car Showrooms
The car showroom is a unique environment in retail. It demands all the style of a High Street store, whilst also requiring industrial toughness and durability. Here are 4 key benefits of choosing polished concrete flooring as your showroom solution:
- The Shine. There’s nothing to beat the factory-fresh shine of a new car. And the high gloss, non-slip finish of polished concrete flooring sets it off perfectly.
- Customised Finish. Want a branded floor? Polished concrete provides all the choice you need. Choose a brand colour and add your logo.
- No Scuff Marks. The Platinum finish involves more grinding stages making it unbeatably durable floor. Truck wheels leave no marks on the glossy surface.
- Simple Maintenance. Car showrooms are busy environments, so maintenance needs to be hands-off. Polished concrete needs regular sweeping and mopping. That’s it!
Can Existing Concrete be Polished?
Yes, it can, and it’s this use of existing materials that provides polished concrete with its eco-credentials. DirectStone flooring specialists will assess the existing concrete before committing to the polishing process. If it’s unsuitable for polishing, we normally recommend concrete overlays as a solution. These offer the same polished concrete WOW factor, whilst offering the tough everyday durability car showrooms require.
Sealed, Polished Perfection
DirectStone applies a sealer once the concrete has been mechanically refined and polished. The use of a densifier and sealer aids in the durability of the flooring and its enduring shine. This is a vital stage in the process, offering:
- Protection From Stains. Concrete is porous which makes it susceptible to staining. A concrete sealer protects polished flooring from oil and acidic staining.
- Durability. Once you see the polished concrete finish, you’ll want it to stay that way for ever. A sealer helps to maintain the ‘just polished’ look.
- Reduces Scuffs. Sealers minimise the impact of scuffs from feet, or the movement of objects across the flooring.
Working With DirectStone
We’re a family-run business located in the beautiful grounds of Wrest Park in Bedfordshire. Our team of floor specialists has worked together for decades, installing, repairing, and restoring polished concrete flooring. If you would like a free no obligation quote for a polished concrete floor, simply message us and we’ll respond promptly.
We work with residential clients throughout the UK mainly in London, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, and Suffolk.
If you would like to talk to us about polished concrete flooring for a car showroom, or you would like us to provide a no obligation quote, call DirectStone today on 01525 20863920