DirectStone Provides Residential Polished Concrete
The trend for residential polished concrete floors continues, as more and more homeowners are opting for its stylish, easy to maintain, high-gloss finish. Polished concrete flooring is a great option for kitchens or open-plan living areas and isn’t just for new builds; DirectStone regularly retrofits and refurbishes concrete floors in older properties, too.
A polished concrete floor in dining rooms, kitchens, and living rooms not only looks good, it also makes practical sense:
- Sustainable Flooring. Concrete’s an environmentally friendly flooring. In many cases no new materials are added.
- Long-Lasting. It’s a floor for life. Concrete was designed to be durable.
- Hands-Off Maintenance. Looking for light touch maintenance? It requires only regular sweeping and wiping with soapy water.
- A Range of Design Options. You can choose any finish from matte to high gloss. There’s also the option to add colour, glass, and to expose the aggregate or not.
INSTALLING A RESIDENTIAL CONCRETE FLOOR
The DirectStone flooring specialists have extensive experience installing residential polished concrete floors for new builds, renovations, and older properties.
Polished Concrete for Extensions or New Builds
Creating beautiful polished concrete flooring in a new build is ideal. We can either consult with your building contractor, or pour the slab, dry shake your chosen colours, hand trowel the edges, saw cut movement joints, and apply a curing agent to aid with the drying process.
Polishing can begin after 3-4 weeks but we generally fit in with the build programme as we prefer to polish the concrete after all the wet trades have finished. Our polishing process is carried out using HTC Superfloor™ diamond grinding machines, coupled to a HEPA dust filtration system.
Our residential polished concrete floors are:
- Beautiful to look at and walk on.
- Perfect for use with underfloor heating.
- Available in a range of colours and gloss, matte or satin finishes.
- Natural light enhancing.
Retrofitted Polished Concrete
Most homes have concrete slabs available for polishing, but the likelihood is that they’ve been concealed under tiling, carpets, or laminates for decades. The good news is that many existing concrete slabs can be polished to transform your living environment.
DirectStone specialists visit properties wanting to retrofit polished concrete in order to assess the condition of the slab. Once we know what we’re dealing with, we can advise clients of any repairs required, and explain which finishes will be possible, given the condition of the concrete.
Our retrofitted residential polished floors offer:
- A range of colour options.
- Finishes suited to the condition of the concrete slab.
- Easy-to-clean and maintain surfaces.
- Light enhancing qualities to transform your home.
Occasionally we encounter conditions that make it impossible to polish an existing floor. In these cases, we recommend a concrete overlay which gives the same finish as polished concrete but requires as little as 10mm depth. DirectStone polishers can start work after just 24 hours drying time, using exactly the same diamond grinding machines to achieve the finish required.
Concrete overlays offer:
- Strong and durable flooring.
- Suitable for internal or external installation.
- Full range of polished concrete finishes.
- A variety of colour options.
Working With DirectStone Ltd
We’re a family-run business located at beautiful Wrest Park in the heart of the Bedfordshire countryside. DirectStone flooring specialists have been creating stunning, hand-finished concrete floors in homes for close to 2 decades now. We work with residential and commercial clients throughout the UK mainly in London, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
If you would like to talk to one of our flooring specialists about residential polished concrete floors, call DirectStone on 01525 20863920. We offer free no obligation quotes, no matter the size of the project.